Monday, June 27, 2011

5 minute chocolate cake

A few days ago I posted a (hopefully) enticing picture of a microwaveable dark chocolate cake. My inspiration for this came from Spoonful of Sugar Free's chocolate cake for one. I changed up the recipe a bit using :

-2 egg whites
-1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
-dash of salt
-cinnamon
-vanilla extract
-baking powder
-handful of chocolate chips
-splash of almond milk (or any kind of milk) if necessary

Since I don't have access to an oven where I'm living right now I mixed up all the drye ingredients, then stirred in the egg whites and applesauce and microwaved it all for 2 minutes. I thought it turned out delicious! I made it twice and the second time topped it with some greek yogurt. It's a little bitter as she mentions, but depending on what kind of chocolate chips you use and if you feel like adding sweetener, you can sweeten it to your liking and enjoy!


By the way, check out PB and Jenny's giveaway
Also check out Gourmet Runner's giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment