Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Protein Balls

I am a sucker for freebies. The other day I received these in the mail from a deal I found on sweetfreestuff.com. I was excited to try them, especially given that they were Fudge Brownie! I planned to run after work and decided that these would be the perfect pre and post run fuel. I liked that they came in a resealable bag since I don't think my stomach could handle the full serving (that would be quite a few balls!). I wasn't too impressed with the taste. I don't know if they were stale, but they were a little dry and chalky tasting. I don't usually eat PowerBars though so maybe thats just how they taste. They back a bit of protein in them as well as a good ratio of carbs and fats which, according to the package is perfect for pre and post exercise. I don't think I would buy these on my own, however I do like the idea of portable balls (hehe). I think I would rather make my own in the future though.












No comments:

Post a Comment