Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Today was a long day. As mentioned before, I woke up early (7 for me is pretty early given that I'm used to going to bed after midnight) then went in to work until 4:30. Don't worry. I had an awesome breakfast before going in to work. I made an attempt at Katelyn's cookie dough in a bowl, but didn't have any Amazing Grass Superfood Powder, therefore my bowl (or tupperware in my case) included 1/3 cup of 1% milk, a scoop of protein powder, and 1/3 cup instant oats. It came out pretty well, reminded me of a more moist (great usage right?) version of a breakfast cookie.

This breakfast held me over well until lunchtime. I made myself a turkey and cheese panini on Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Seeded Rye (this bread is awesome- even better is that it contains no high fructose corn syrup!) with pickles, lettuce, dijon mustard, garlic and herb Mrs. Dash, and Frank's Original Red hot sauce. Along with my panini I had some (unpictured) baby carrots and fresh strawberries.



Look at the size of that strawberry!!

After relaxing for awhile reading my new Runners World and munching on some Utz special dark pretzels and almonds, I went to yoga at 6. I love yoga, it's so meditative and relaxing in different ways than running. When I first started it was hard to focus and my mind would wander all over the place- specifically about how much pain I was in. Now I find it easier to focus on the moment and enjoy all the good things yoga does for me.

After a quick and satisfying dinner while talking to my mom on the phone, I headed back to the lab. I'm here at school doing research for the summer. I'm currently watching Modern Family on my computer and "heat shocking" virgin fruit flies (I'll go into more detail on this later). I hope to get out of here soon so I can get to bed. Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday. Goodnight!

Whats your favorite type of sandwich bread?
Do any of you enjoy yoga along with your other fitness routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment