Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Peace of mind

I woke up this morning at 7:15 so that I could run before going in to work at 9. I brought my breakfast, clothes to change in to, and a clean towel to the field house so that I could go straight to work after my run. This week I'm aiming for around 30 miles. I ran 27 last week, so I'm slowly trying to build up. With a day off this week, that means I'm aiming to average around 4.5-5.5 miles a day. Yesterday I ran around 5 and it was HOT! For some reason, in Lewisburg, PA the highest temperatures always occur around 4-6.


This morning however, it was a cool and crisp 68 degrees. This morning I ran 4.7 miles at around 7:13 pace. It was so peaceful. It was one of those days where I felt like I could run forever. I was a relaxed and let my mind wonder. Even though it was an easy pace, I was still pretty sweaty when I got back. At the field house I did some abs and the mandatory pushups then hopped in the shower to continue my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment