Saturday, June 11, 2011

Anyone out there?

Hello from home! This summer I was awarded a grant to stay at school and do research with one of the professors in the biology department. I actually did this last summer and I really enjoyed being at school. I met a lot of great girls and that's actually when I started running and what prompted me to join the cross country team. This summer there isn't really anyone I know so it can be a little lonely. This week was crazy in the lab and I probably worked over 40 hours which kept me busy. I also found a yoga class which I went to Tuesday and Thursday. Anyway, I decided to come home for the weekend to relax, see my parents, and get some good food. The dorm I'm living in only has a kitchen in the basement so I've been confined to using a microwave and george foreman to cook most of my meals.

I got to sleep in this morning until 9:30. When I woke up, I got dressed and went for a quick run. The weather is so much cooler here. It was nice to run out of the sun and humidity of Lewisburg, PA. When I got home my mom was just about to go do gardening work but I convinced her to do some abs, core, and leg strengthening exercises with me. Afterwards, I made breakfast. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I had a poached egg on a flatout wrap with muenster cheese and an orange. It was delicious! By the way, have any of you tried microwaving a poached egg? It's so simple and comes out perfectly.



Last night when I got home we went out to dinner at Rogue's Harber. I wanted the black angus NY spiedies but when I ordered them the waitress informed me they were all out! I had to choose on the spot what I wanted so I ended up ordering the Atlantic salmon: fresh, boneless side cut poached in white wine and served with caramelized onions and wilted greens, choice of potato. It was great, but no spiedie (or steak)! I also had a glass of Pinot Grigio, bread, and a side salad. Afterwards we went to get Purity ice cream. I ordered a small coffee cone with chocolate sprinkles. I love getting sprinkles on my cone but I wish there was a way that I could have a few with every lick! Not just a ton on the first scoop. Anyone else have this problem? 

picture from google images- similar to my meal last night
Overall, it was a great dinner and dessert. It's sometimes hard for me to have my food prepared by other people such as in a restaurant, or to order dessert. I start to feel guilty and find myself second guessing myself- "should I have ordered that? sprinkles add a lot of calories (probably not true), this ice cream is definitely full fat." I find that the only way to deal with this is to just talk against the voices. It's frustrating that I still have thoughts like this, but I'm glad I was still able to enjoy my meal and ice cream cone. 
imagine this in a cone covered with chocolate sprinkles
I'm not sure what the plans are for today. Ithaca has a great farmer's market and I usually feel the need to go to Wegman's when I'm home since the closest one to school is thirty minutes away. Hope you all have a great Saturday and if anyone's out there I would love some feedback??

How do you deal with eating out/ ordering dessert?
Whats you're favorite kind of ice cream?
Do you like sprinkles?

No comments:

Post a Comment