Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thirsty Thursday

I started off this morning with another great run! We did a hilly 6.07 mile run in 45:22 (7:29 pace). It felt great and again, good conversation was had by all (my assistant coach, the local high school track coach, and a Penn state girl home for the summer). Same routine as yesterday- shower at the fieldhouse, scarf down breakfast, go in to work. Today's batch of overnight oats included 1/2 c. almond milk, 1/3 c. oatmeal, 1/2 tbs. chia seeds, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. 



It was a rainy day here in Lewisburg, PA, so a nice hot grilled cheese sounded great. I made this with Heidleberg Oat Bran and muenster cheese. It was ooey, gooey, and delicious! I had it along with a pathetic looking salad, some carrot sticks, and an unpictured pear and warmed up mug of almond milk.
eaten with some dijon mustard and hot sauce for dipping

The professor I do research for is on her final stretches of submitting a paper to publish. Since she was working from home today I had a little more leeway in terms of the hours I worked. I went in from 9-12, went back to my room for a delicious lunch (pictured above) then relaxed a little and watched the first episode of Food Network Star on Hulu

I watched it while laying down in bed and actually dozed off for a few minutes. When I "came to" I got up, drove to the storage unit to pay my monthly rent, dropped of my most recent netflix dvd (Couples Retreat), then made it back in to work around 2:30. I stayed until around 5:30 then decided that today would be a great day to drive to our local mall to utilize a soon-to-expire American Eagle coupon for $10 off of a $40 purchase along with a giftcard I got awhile ago for my birthday. After trying on numerous outfits, I decided on:
a pair of pants
and a dress


Overall it was a relaxing, and productive day. I'm excited over the fact that it's almost Friday! I'm going home again this weekend to celebrate father's day. I still have to decide what I'm going to get for him... Any ideas?

Just realized that my post has NOTHING at all to do with the title, I originally typed it as I was chugging from my Nalgene. Usually I fill this up at two or three times a day but I just realized that today I only filled it up once maybe? Well.. off to pack my bag for tomorrow!


What are you doing this weekend?
What's you're favorite way to pass a rainy day?

By the way, check out gliding calm's giveaway!
Also check out say yes to salad's giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment